This is an extremely dangerous thing, as the affected often do not note the difference between "friend" and "test subject", be they Looping or no. Loopers who have Sakura Syndrome are at high risk for turning into a MLE. Any Looper who is suspected of having Sakura Syndrome is to be treated with caution.
Symptoms of Sakura SyndromeEdit
The following is a brief overview of some of the more common "Warning Signs" that a Looper might need help:
- High Levels of Promiscuity.
- Loss of Value of Civil Laws.
- Loss of Value of Moral Laws.
- Loss of Value of Companionship or "Morality Chain."
- Seeing a Loop crash as a "Reasonable or Expected Outcome" of an action and doing it anyway!
- Seeing everyone around you as either "expendable" or as a thing to be toyed with.
If you or anyone you know is suffering from these symptoms for more than a Loop, please contact your System Administrator so that the suffering party may be monitored.
Due to Sakura Syndrome's wide varieties there is no one accepted method for having to deal with the Syndrome. One method is for the patient to have a truly open heart-to-heart with themselves. One of the best known places for this is the Persona world.
Loopers can also self medicate against Sakura Syndrome by being aware they are at risk for it. Anakin Skywalker is known to be one of these loopers.
- Sakura Haruno: Occasionally relapses, but is otherwise recovered.
- Ahsoka Tano: Fully recovered.
- Remilia Scarlet: Somehow managed to mix it with Setsuna Syndrome.
- Zoe Orimoto: Currently in therapy.
- Hazuki Fujiwara: Not hit that bad, and in therapy.
- Michael J. Caboose: Mixed with Setsuna Syndrome, severe brain damage, and more, in the form of Caboose Syndrome.
- Malon: Breeds many different Cucco variants. Has offered at least one looper the chance to see a Charizard/Cucco hybrid and created a non-dangerous Death Stalker in a Naruto Loop.
- Trixie: Mild Case focused around creating more and more powerful explosives, once suggesting to Twilight Sparkle they should create a double Big Bang. Has since recovered.
- Medic: According to the Spy, Team Fortress 2's Medic has contracted Sakura Syndrome. However, according to Spy, this isn't too far from his normal personality. Whether he has recovered or not is unknown.